Back from AU Brazil where I made an introduction to Oauth and RESTful API, and it is already time to think about AU Las Vegas and the ADN Devdays.
Once again, we will present the ADN Developer Conference the day before AU where 3ds Max and Maya engineering will introduce the new APIs in the upcoming releases. We will also have eight industry lectures on making the best use of various APIs such as PySide, Python, the new 3ds Max CPython API, and more…
This year the conference is open to ADN members only. If you are not an ADN member (or using ADN Open only) but are interested in attending, talk to me, and we will find a way to get you in. You will need your ADN number to register.
If you are unsure if you should attend, take a look at last year’s lecture recordings. They aren’t all posted, but they will give you a very good idea of what it is all about. This year in particular would be a great place to come as we have several M&E engineering people coming to tackle your questions/issues on almost all Autodesk products. Neil Hazzard (3ds Max) and Jean-Philippe Grenier (Maya) from the rendering team will also be around to talk in 1on1 meetings on the viewport / rendering challenges you may have. If you want to talk to them, please let me know and I’ll arrange something for you. I also invite you to contact me if you have any specific needs to talk to anyone @autodesk and I’ll try to arrange it.
Come and see us @AU/Devdays – Register here
Here is the agenda (Monday Dec 2nd)
GENERAL SESSIONS (morning)
- ADN (DevDays) Conference General Session: M&E
- M&E ADN DevDays Conference Keynote
- Maya (next release) feature set and road map
- 3ds Max (next release) feature set and roadmap
- Improve productivity, performance and how to design "anywhere, anytime" with NVIDIA
BREAKOUT SESSIONS (TRACK #1) (afternoon)
- Qt Python UI Scripting in Maya 2014 with PySide: Tip and Tricks
- The next release of Maya APIs
- Integrating an offline renderer in Maya
- Apps, Plug-ins, Extensions and Scripts for Autodesk® 3ds Max®
BREAKOUT SESSIONS (TRACK #2) (afternoon)
- The next release of 3ds Max APIs
- Introduction to Python in 3ds Max
- Code Injection: Filling in the Python Gaps
- 3ds Max Nitrous Viewport API evolution and enhancements