Do you get excited by APIs? Do you enjoy hacking wicked-cool technology together to solve your daily challenges? While your friends are binge-watching “Grimm” or playing “Minecraft” for hours on end, are you coding cool tools to help make content for those types of titles? If any of the above is true, then we want to talk to YOU! If you are enthusiastic about M&E technologies, enjoy interacting with others and sharing this enthusiasm, and loves to evangelize code –then this is the job for you!
Hey everybody! Please put the word out that we are looking for a 3ds Max SDK expert! I know this blog is mainly targetting Maya, but in our role we usually work with multiple API, so while the job opening is mainly for 3ds Max, we will be happy by someone who knows Maya. Or someone knowing Maya already but willing to learn 3ds Max SDK. You know even more API such as FBX, MotionBuilder, talk to us.
API KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER IS THE REASON FOR BEING
- You will develop technical content for the ADN program including technical notes and whitepapers. Content is published on ADN blogs and used for conferences and technical marketing events.
- Write extensive sample code that demonstrates API usage and best practice. Documenting your code is essential for knowledge transfer.
- Develop and deliver training courses and/or presentations internally and to ADN members. Topics include APIs, and/or other software-development related topics.
- Assist with technical marketing activities including presentations and event participation. Examples may include Autodesk University, or Game Developer Conference.
- Use your knowledge of Autodesk product APIs to assist ADN members with their business objectives of providing value-added software. Assist with their software design by providing them with technical information on Autodesk APIs and technologies. Help resolve technical issues including communicating the functions of the API. Assist with API questions.
- Work with internal product development engineering teams worldwide to help resolve customer and developer issues. Act as a liaison between engineering and ADN members by helping to evaluate and influence new product releases to help meet the needs of the ADN community. Submit defect and product enhancement reports and work closely with engineering to ensure appropriate resolution of issues impacting customer satisfaction.
SUCCESS COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- You’re a gifted programmer who is excited about learning new technology and teaching others. (You already know deep in your heart if you’re a natural programmer – if you don’t, then you’re not).
- C++ skills are essential for our M&E product environments, including knowledge of object-oriented design.
- Experience or are interested to learn 3ds Max SDK and programming environments. Knowledge of Maya and/or MotionBuilder SDK will also be valuable.
- Written and verbal English skills are extremely important. Ability to be patient and communicate across cultures. Other language fluency is also a great asset.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and programming problems. The understanding of techniques to debug software will be of great value.
- Enjoy interacting with people – including one-on-one conversations and presenting to audiences at conferences.
- Enjoy writing – including blogging, tweeting, and other social media outlets.
EVEN MORE SUCCESS IS ADDED BY:
- Python and/or .NET API (experience or willing to learn)
- Mobile platform programming technologies, such as Java, .NET and Objective-C (experience or willing to learn)
Location: Montreal, Shanghai, or other locations if you are the right candidate. We have people located throughout the world, and location is not as important as the above skills. If you think you have the "chops" to excel in this position, please contact us. Send your resume, anything else that you view as interesting for us to know, and salary requirements to: email@example.com, Thanks!